St. Petersburg in Russia is probably an overnight stay on your Baltic Cruise. This is an overview that will help you figure St Petersburg out, because there is a lot on offer. The first thing that hits you about Russia is that it is just the same as everywhere else, people and places and the Roman old religions form part of their history. It is not a strange place the cold war may have convinced previous generations. Sure there is passport control, but and technically Russia needs a visa to visit, if on a cruise ship you take an excursion from the ship into St Petersburg, at this moment that allows you a visa waiver.Find your ship’s chat site + share your pictures + experiences to help others EMPERORS AND ASSASSINATIONS SHIP EXCURSION – The tours are all offered to the cruise companies by the local operator, so they are the same even if under different names. There is a lot to see in St Petersburg and the Emperors and Assassinations tour is an old favourite because it rounds a part of the city and gets to the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood. Walking you down through the Fields of Mars to the Canal in the lands which Peter The Great took from Sweden, you come up through the fountains and statues and arrive at the Mikhailovsky Palace before going into the church on a group ticket. The coach is collected in Art Square by the tourist office which has a lap dancing club below it and is surrounded by theatres offering tourist shows, concerts and Ballet Evenings. Below is an overview film of a very comprehensive walking tour.P&O Cruises St Petersburg Marella Baltic Cruises Fred Olsen St Petersburg
Map of the Fields of Mars area. This a great tour, but similar to some others so be careful not to double up the same features. Please beware of pickpockets especially in the church. Beware of people offering you tours and leaflets and then a crowd forming round you… that will be goodbye wallet.
In addition there are many Palaces and Art galleries. St Petersburg is a place you will probably re-visit.
- 1. The Audio Pen is a spoken commentary hearing aid, and it is highly recommended.
- Take something to eat and drink or schedule a stop, the day is long and can be tiring.
- Do not carry a wallet or bag you do not need, do not talk to hawkers or people handing out leaflets unless you are aware of the situation and someone is watching your back. Pickpockets work with leaflet givers and book sellers.
- Walking Shoes.
- Share your pictures with us and share these films with other cruisers. Send them to us in comments.
- Plan your Baltic Cruise, there is a lot to do.
Please take a look at the other excursions here in St Petersburg. You have to go on an excursion and show the excursion ticket and meet your tour at the dock in order to avoid the need for a visa. The tours we have covered are, St Petersburg Explorer, Emperors and Assassinations, Peter and Paul Fort, and Russian Ballet Evening.
If you are thinking of a Baltic Cruise and have just started looking, the overview film which just takes a snippet from each of the port films might be a good start. Click here for that. GUIDES TO ALL THE TOP BALTIC DESTINATIONS – Take a look around Doris Visits and get more out of your cruise research – guides, tours, cabin tours, ship tours, news. AABENRAA AARHUS AARLBORG COPENHAGEN FREDERICIA GDANSK GOTHENBURG HELSINGBORG HELSINKI HUNDESTED KALUNDBORG KIELE KLAIPEDA MALMO MARIEHAHN MURMANSK OSLO RIGA RØNNE SKAGEN ST PETERSBURG STOCKHOLM TALLINN TRAVEMUNDE VISBY WARNEMUNDE OR CONSIDER THE FJORDS – FILMED PORT GUIDES – FJORDS MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESRESEARCH & SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
- P&O Cruises to St Petersburg – Click here
- Fred Olsen Cruises to St Petersburg – Click here
- Marella St Petersburg Cruises – Marella St. Petersburg
- Disaster in the Baltic ! The book series has been in the charts for months. Book 2 all happens in a Baltic Cruise ! Adult action romance on a cruise.
Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- Walking Shoes and what to pack. This is cruise of discovery and in maybe seven port stops with seven cities to explore you might need good shoes and few things. CLICK HERE for our new BALTIC CRUISE destinations menu – All parts and tours together, then a choice of every Baltic port in its own menu. CLICK HERECRUISE INSURANCE CAR PARKING DEALS ON BOARD ENTERTAINMENT If you want to compare the ship tours with private tours, they are all listed here