The two ocean ships are almost identical. The cabins are the same on both ships. The £346 million ship Spirit of Discovery also has over 1,000 pieces of art. Around 400 are originals. The SoD has now been followed by the Spirit of Adventure and both are at sea.
We have a full ship tour here.
Have you read the thriller CRUISE SHIP ART THEFT? A book where art is systematically stolen and to report it would cause the thieves to vanish with all they have taken so far. The first two books in the series are now out as audiobooks and are great to read on the cabin balcony.
Both SAGA’s two new and exciting modern ships are aimed at the British market. They offer a familiar classic style, but with everything, one might expect from a USB charger in the room to an online system (which at the time of writing only works if you book direct and online). CLICK TO GO DIRECT If you go for the current position – see the button in the table. The SoD should be centre screen when the advert is dismissed.
|SoD Deck Plan
|SoD current Position
|SAGA CRUISE CHAT
|small pool areas
Library, gym, spa
|Main & Grill
plus 3 speciality
also are in
|Spirit of Discovery
Both this ship and the Spirit of Adventure are adult-only and all-inclusive. 20% of the rooms are for solo cruisers, and every passenger cabin has a balcony. All are backed by Saga’s famous personal service and inclusive value.
DID YOU KNOW?
- That although you have to be over 50 to cruise with SAGA, your partner does not. They have to be over 40.
- That four-times around the wide promenade deck is one mile of great exorcise?
- That on formal nights, the same meal is served in the buffet, so those who do not wish to dress do not miss out.
- That most rooms have an interconnecting door so you can connect with family, a friend or a carer without them having to be in the same room.
Jools Holland has signed a five-year deal and will be appearing live at his club on board on certain advertised dates, The Club By Jools. A key new market switch is that these new ships are all-inclusive. Saga guests can also expect a boutique service too with two staff to every three passengers. So, there will always be someone on hand to make guests feel truly at home. Look for the complimentary services already enjoyed by SAGA Cruises’ guests:
- UK travel package to and from departure port
- All on-board gratuities
- All meals and entertainment
- Afternoon tea
- 24-hour room service
- Welcome cocktail party
- Unlimited tea and coffee in selected venues
- FREE Wifi
- Shuttle bus to the nearest town centre from a port
- Optional travel insurance