Your ship will berth at Place Carenage or Pointe Seraphine in St Lucia where there is a duty free shopping complex. Here it is claimed to be said by National Geographic, there is the #3 food market in the world; Castries Craft and Food Market. You have to supposed to show your flight or cruise information and a passport or driving license to buy booze duty free. We have a film on Castries that will help you decide on port or excursion. We also walk and get a part way lift from a helpful young policeman to Vigil Beach by the airport. There is a bus or a ten minute walk will do it. See the film here. It is a place where you might want an excursion, see our Rain Forest Hike for an extreme. For a video guide of the port and a list of beaches see our video blog on Castries.
There are also shops in Rodney Bay, Jaywalk Mall (which has clinique, Estee Lauder and Mac cosmetics, perfumes, several clothing shops), and JQ Charles Mall are duty free. There is a ferry to a small shopping complex, where there is a couple of jewellery shops, so drinks shops and probably the most ticked by cruisers, the Pink Papya restaurant who have wood fired pizzas. It is great if you don’t want an excursion or you have a few hours free. Thanks for the tip Marcia, please join the chat group and leave some good pictures and advice.
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
P&O Cruises cruises to St Lucia – view P&O St Lucia cruises and the excursions to Bequia below Fred Olsen cruises to St Lucia – view now on the Fred Olsen site here Saga Cruises to the Caribbean – view there site here by clicking now Marella Cruises to the Caribbean – click here to view Marella Cruise’s own web site page for – Caribbean Cruise deals page
If you have already booked your cruise, and it is a P&O cruise to St Lucia, you can book excursions before you go, and before the rush on board when it might sell out. You will then know they will get you back to the ship before it sails. Click below to go to your personal cruise planner and see it.
- Find out more about the entertainers working at sea ON BOARD ENTERTAINMENT join their Facebook Pages and & please share with your friends.
READ the CRUISE as you CRUISE the SEA. If you know a great novel set at a cruise destination, tell us and we will add it to the destination page and credit you with the suggestion and on which ship you read it.
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Luxury River Cruising – For a look at life on the river – Click Here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here